Saturday, January 17, 2009

More About Me


I know you won't believe this, but the other day Ole Dangerous got a call, and someone asked for a better picture of me. They also asked to learn more about my interests and other stuff. Well, I don't want to get too personal, but you have to respond to your fans.

I got to pick the picture, but Dangerous insisted that I include him. So you aren't confused, I am the good looking red head. Dangerous is the portly, old guy propped up against the wall. When you are his age, you never stand when you can sit and never sit when you can lay. A second after the picture was taken he was flat on his back lying in the rocks.

You can tell from my picture that I am a herding dog. Since Dangerous won't keep sheep, I am stuck with herding whatever is available. It doesn't matter to me if they are two legged or four legged critters; I just like to herd. When we hike, I run back and forth from the front of the strung out hikers to the back. I like to be up front, but I do my best keeping the herd together because you never know when one of them will get lost.

Herding horses is my real specialty. You ought to see Dottie and Little Guy when I encourage them into the horse trailer. Without my help, I am sure Ole Dangerous would never get them loaded. It is even more fun when he unloads them. I stand just out-of-sight waiting for that first hoof to hit the ground. As soon as I see it, I let loose with lots of darting and barking. If I am lucky, I can get Dottie or LG to step on Ole DD's bad toe. That's when the real fun begins. He howls in pain and cusses a lot. While loading and unloading is fun, I really excel when Dangerous is trying to mount up. At his age, its a real treat to catch him half way into his saddle. He doesn't bend like he use to and getting his right leg over the saddle bags really leaves him vulnerable. If I time it right, he may go all the way over or at least bounce along with one foot in the stirrup and the other on the ground like a pogo stick. It is great fun, but you have to have a high tolerance for name calling and extreme profanity.

Well, there's lots of other stuff I enjoy, but I guess you will have to follow along to learn more. In the future, I will share other interesting stuff about the crazy cast of characters -- two legged and four legged -- that I spend time with Riding the High Plateau.

1 comment:

Becca Hatch said...

Thanks for the update, Rosie- I will watch with interest for your tales of the trails.